Experience our past in Sagnlandet Lejre!
Sagnlandet Lejre (ie. Land of Legends Lejre) is an open-air park in the most beautiful Danish countryside, where you can stroll among reconstructions of ancient living environments, like the Iron Age village, the Stone Age camp, the Viking market, the 19th century-farm cottages, and many more.
Sagnlandet Lejre is a major theme park in Denmark, awarded 4 stars by the Danish Tourist Attractions association, as "a sterling attraction at national level".
Sagnlandet Lejre is also a pionering institution at international level in the field of experimental archaeology and communication of knowledge.
Some of the things you can do in the 43 hectares of Sagnlandet are:
- stroll around and picnic in our natural landscape and ancient living environments
- acquire knowledge about the past from hands-on-activities and from our well-informed vikings, Stone Age fishers, families of the past, …
- meet aurochs, wild boars, goats, sheep and many other animals face-to-face
- let your children enjoy the Fire Valley, where they can sail in dug-out canoes, grind corn to make flour, make biscuits ...
- talk to our artisans and, in the summertime, experimental archaeologists, while they perform their work and experiments.
You’ll find a living past in Sagnlandet Lejre!